Research can bring new asthma treatments, insight and medicine. It can help improve the quality of life for those with asthma. So wouldn’t it be great if people with asthma play a greater role in that research?
At Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America (AAFA), we believe your voice is a valuable part of asthma research. And we want to empower people with asthma, caregivers and health care providers to take an active role in research.
Promoting Asthma Patient Engagement in Research (PAPER) is a research program from AAFA and the Patient-Centered Outcomes Research Institute (PCORI). The goal of the program is to increase awareness of asthma and research, and to increase patient participation in that research.
Taking this is course is a way to be a part of AAFA's initiative to promote patient-centered asthma research. You can help shape research and treatments that can impact the lives of millions of Americans with asthma.
The PAPER project is a collection of videos to help you understand asthma and asthma research. Topics include:
- Understanding Asthma
- Understand Asthma Symptoms
- Understanding Levels of Asthma
- Understanding Warning Signs of an Asthma Attack
- Understanding Asthma Triggers
- Understanding Asthma Treatments
- Why We Need Asthma Research
- Finding Accurate Research Information
- Understanding Research Outcome Measures
- Understanding Clinical Research
- Understanding Clinical Trials
- How to Get Involved With Research
- The Value of Patients and Caregivers in Research
To enroll in this course:
- Click on the blue PURCHASE button below. Please note this course is FREE for everyone and will reflect $0 at checkout.
- You will be prompted to add this course to your cart and then complete the checkout.
- As you checkout, create a NEW login for our learning platform if you do not already have an account. (If you are an existing registered AAFA or KFA community member, that login will not work yet on this learning platform. Please select “create new account” when prompted. You can choose to set up the same username and password as what you use on our community.)
JOIN OUR COMMUNITY OF SUPPORT:
Join our community if you are not already a member. As a member, you’ll receive news, research, recalls and helpful tips. You can also connect with other people who manage asthma and allergies in an encouraging, supportive environment.
CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION:
You will get an email with a link to your certificate of completion when you complete the course. Check your junk/spam folder if you don’t get the email. You can find your certificate at any time by clicking on your profile name at the top right corner of the site and then clicking on the "certificate" tab.
This project is funded by the Patient-Centered Outcomes Research Institute (PCORI), contract #2207-AAFA.