ASTHMA (Asthma Symptoms, Treatment, Health Management and Activities™) Care for Adults – Instructor's Guide for Asthma Educators is a FREE facilitated course that can be done one-on-one or in group settings by nurses, respiratory therapists, certified asthma educators, community health workers and other home educators.
The course contains an instructor's guide and covers topics such as asthma basics, recognizing symptoms and triggers, asthma action plans and an overview of different types of asthma medicines.
There are seven lessons about proper asthma management:
- Lesson 1: Asthma Basics
- Lesson 2: Asthma Triggers
- Lesson 3: Controlling Asthma Triggers
- Lesson 4: Asthma Medicines and Equipment
- Lesson 5: Asthma Action Plan
- Lesson 6: Communicating With Your Asthma Team
- Lesson 7: Asthma Management Goals
How to enroll in this course:
1. Click on the blue Purchase button below. Please note this course is FREE for everyone and will reflect $0 at checkout.
2. You will be prompted to add this course to your cart and then complete the checkout.
3. As you checkout, create a NEW login for our learning platform. (If you are an existing registered AAFA or KFA community member, your login will not work yet on this learning platform - so please select "create new account" when prompted. You can choose to set up the same username and password as what you use on our community.)
As you complete lessons you will see a green check mark that indicates completion.
If you interested in a printed copy, call 1-800-7-ASTHMA (1-800-727-8462) or contact us online.