COMPLIMENTARY: LGBTQ+ EMPLOYMENT RIGHTS WEBINAR: A FOCUS ON THE SUPREME COURT'S LANDMARK DECISIONJune 25, 2020 | Online
Recorded on June 25, 2020. Join faculty as they analyze the landmark Supreme Court decision in Bostock v. Clayton County, Georgia, the implications for the LGBTQ+ community, and anticipated new defense arguments and strategies.
Faculty includes Jeffrey Kosbie, Thomas Mew, and Joshua Goodbaum.
This on-demand course contains the webinar recording, full course materials, and agenda from the program as well as a certificate of attendance for attendees to use when applying for 80 general minutes of self-study MCLE credit.
2:00 – 2:05 p.m.
2:05 – 2:35 p.m.
BACKGROUND ON THE CASES
• Bostock v. Clayton County, Georgia
• Altitude Express, Inc. v. Zarda
• R.G. & G.R. Harris Funeral Homes Inc. v. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission
2:35 – 2:55 p.m
EFFECTS OF THE LANDMARK DECISION: EXTENDING WORKPLACE PROTECTIONS
• Case Analysis: What Does This Mean for Members of the LGBTQ+ Community?
• Relevance of the Court's Analysis Under Title VII in the Context of Title IX
• Impact on Cases Brought Under the Sex Stereotyping Theory
• How Lower Courts Will Apply the Decision to Laws Regarding Education, Housing, and Healthcare
| 2:55 – 3:15 p.m.
ANTICIPATING DEFENSE ARGUMENTS AND STRATEGIES
• Demonstrating Employer Pretext
• Religious Freedom and Other Exemptions
• New Defense Arguments
3:15 – 3:30 p.m.
||QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS|