COMPLIMENTARY: PERSUASION TECHNIQUES FOR REMOTE HEARINGS AND BENCH TRIALS WEBINARSeptember 1, 2020 | Online
Recorded on September 1, 2020. Get insight on different perspectives for persuasion techniques for a remote hearing and bench trial. You will gain knowledge on the judge’s perspective, the trial consultant’s perspective, and the trial lawyer’s perspective. Faculty include: Honorable Beau A. Miller and R.K. Sandill, Betsy K. Greene, Eric G. Oliver, and Kelli B. Hooper.
This on-demand course contains the webinar recording, full course materials, and agenda from the program as well as a certificate of attendance for attendees to use when applying for 150 general minutes of self-study MCLE credit.
2:00 – 2:05 p.m.
2:05 – 2:50 p.m.
PART 1: JUDGE’S
PERSPECTIVE: EFFECTIVE PERSUASION TECHNIQUES
• Challenges and Opportunities
• Which Techniques Work Best
• Question and Answer Session
2:50 – 3:30 p.m
2: TRIAL CONSULTANT’S PERSPECTIVE: THE PERSUASION EDGE FOR LEGAL COMMUNICATION
• How to Use Mirroring and Rapport to Establish Credibility with the Judge
• Confirming a Connection is Made
• Words That Don’t Work—and Those That Do
• Non-Verbal Communication and Indirect Suggestions
• Structuring—and Delivering--the Case as a Story
|3:30 – 4:15 p.m.
PART 3: TRIAL LAWYER’S
PERSPECTIVE: PRACTICAL TIPS TO PRESENT A STRONG CASE
• How to Make the Virtual Record
• How to Preserve the Record
• Prepping Witnesses
• What Technology Works Best
• Introducing Evidence Virtually
• Interactive Demonstration
|4:15 – 4:30 p.m.||
QUESTION & ANSWER SESSION