ON-DEMAND: BACK IN THE COURTROOM: PRACTICING DURING THE PANDEMIC PROJECTDecember 16, 2020 | Online
Recorded on December 16, 2020. Join AAJ members who recently conducted in-person and virtual jury trials. They will answer your biggest questions about what it's like to conduct a jury trial during COVID-19.
- What is it like to be back in the courtroom during a pandemic?
- What safety precautions were implemented?
- Was any of the trial conducted virtually?
- What was the overall sentiment of the jurors?
AAJ is not responsible for accrediting or reporting CLE credits for On-Demand programs. Each attorney is responsible for ensuring their state accepts self-application for self-study CLE credits. FAQs on CLE and Education programs can be found HERE.
This on-demand course contains the webinar recording, full course materials, and agenda from the program as well as a certificate of completion for attendees to use when applying for 115 general minutes of self-study MCLE credit.
2:00 – 2:15 p.m.
WELCOME & OVERVIEW OF AAJ'S PRESIDENTIAL TASK FORCE
• In- Person Vs. Virtual Voir Dire
• Where Are Trials Happening?
• Scheduling Your Trial During a Pandemic: Good Idea? If So, How?
2:15 – 3:15 p.m.
CONDUCTING IN-PERSON JURY TRIALS DURING A PANDEMIC
• Voir Dire Logistics
• Courtroom Set Up (A/V, Social Distancing, Venue)
• Personal Protective Equipment for Jurors, Witnesses, Attorneys, Judges
• Live Vs. Virtual Expert Testimony
• Communication Obstacles
• The "Fear Factor"
3:15 – 3:45 p.m
HOW TO TRY YOUR CASE TO A VIRTUAL JURY
• Voir Dire and Jury Deliberations
• Opening Statements and Closing Arguments
• Witness Testimony
• Video Depositions Vs. Live
• Using Demonstratives with Live Witnesses
• Cross-Examination Using Exhibits
3:45 – 3:50 p.m.
3:50 - 4:00 p.m..
||QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS|