ON-DEMAND: SPEEDY TRIALS: THE ESSENCE OF TRYING CASES IN A SHORT AMOUNT OF TIME
PART 1: PRE-TRIAL PREPARATIONJanuary 27, 2021 | Online
Recorded on January 27, 2021. Work Smarter! Judges and juries want streamlined trials that don't last for weeks on end. This two-part series will teach you fresh methods to refine your cases from prep all the way to closing. Focus the jurors on what's really important, and save yourself a ton of time in the process.
Part 2 "Speedy Trials: The Essence of Trying Cases in a Short Amount of Time (Part 2) is available HERE.
AAJ is not responsible for accrediting or reporting CLE credits for On-Demand programs. Each attorney is responsible for ensuring their state accepts self-application for self-study CLE credits. FAQs on CLE and Education programs can be found HERE.
This on-demand course contains the webinar recording, full course materials, and agenda from the program as well as a certificate of completion for attendees to use when applying for 115 general minutes of self-study MCLE credit.
|12:00 - 12:05 p.m.
|12:05 - 12:30 p.m.
WHAT DO WE KNOW ABOUT POTENTIAL JURORS IN THE COVID-19 WORLD?
• Attitudes Toward Jury Duty
• Attitudes Toward Damages and Liability
• Attitudes on the Pandemic: Key to Jury Selection
|12:30 - 12:55 p.m.||
WHAT WILL LITIGATION LOOK LIKE IN THE COVID-19 WORLD?
• The Need for Speed
• Clarity and Simplicity
• Impediments to Communication
|12:55 - 1:20 p.m.||
CASE PREPARATION - SETTLEMENT VS. TRIAL
• Expert and Lay Testimony for Adjusters
• Experts and Lay Testimony for Trial
• Transitioning from Settlement to Trial Planning
|1:20 - 1:45 p.m.||
THE TRIAL STORY: EDITING YOUR CASE FOR COVID-19
• Developing the Winning Story
• Using Adverse Witnesses Liberally
• Pithy Direct and Cross-Examination
1:45 - 2:00 p.m.
||QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS|