ON-DEMAND: PERSONAL JURISDICTION WEBINAR: SCOTUS GIVES CONSUMERS ACCESS TO JUSTICE IN FORD MOTOR CO. DECISIONMay 19, 2021 | Online
Recorded on May 19, 2021. Consumers just won a huge victory through a unanimous SCOTUS decision in Ford Motor Co. v. Montana Eighth Judicial District Court. This decision reversed a long-running trend used by corporations to block the courthouse from consumers. Hear about the details of the Ford Motor Co. decision, what this means for future cases, and other personal jurisdiction issues on the horizon. Faculty Include: Elise Sanguinetti, Deepak Gupta, Robert Peck, Christine Spagnoli and Cale Conley.
2:00 – 2:05 p.m.
2:05 – 2:40 p.m.
A VICTORY FOR
FORD MOTOR CO. SCOTUS CASES
• Background on Ford Motor Co. v. Montana and Ford Motor Co. v. Bandemer
• Jurisdiction Issues at Play
• Ruling: Which Activities Support Jurisdiction?
2:40– 3:00 p.m
AHEAD: IMPACT OF THE
FORD MOTOR DECISION
• Specific, General, and Consent Jurisdiction
• How Will This Decision Affect Other Cases?
• Furman v. Goodyear
3:00 – 3:20 p.m.
CONSENT JURISDICTION: WHAT'S ON THE HORIZON?
• Details on the Issue Being Fought Around the Country
• How Consent Jurisdiction Decisions Could Reshape Personal Jurisdiction Law
• McCall v. Cooper Tire
|3:20 – 3:30 p.m.||
QUESTION & ANSWER SESSION