Recorded March 2016 Interview with Dr. Luca Malcovati and Dr. David Steensma
Questions answered include:
- What is the role of the drug eltrombopag and the drug romiplostim?
- Are these drugs approved by the FDA for MDS?
- What are somatic mutations?
- Is there emerging data that suggests that some somatic mutations can help predict which patients may potentially benefit from available treatments?
- What are the details regarding the drug luspatercept?
- There has not been a new medicine for MDS approved by the FDA/EMA in a number of years, will luspatercept be the next drug to be approved due to its success in patients?
- What are the available treatments for MDS without the deletion of 5q?