Interview with Dr. Alan List from the H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center and Research Institute - Recorded March 2016
Questions answered include:
- What is inflammation?
- What are some examples of inflammatory responses produced by the body?
- What is the difference between an innate immune response and adaptive immunity?
- What are myeloid derived suppressor cells (MDSCs)? And what is their role in the bone marrow?
- Do they drive the emergence of the MDS clone?
- What drives the expansion of these cells?
- What is pyroptosis?
- What are common inflammatory symptoms in patients with MDS?
- How can the MDS clone be targeted specifically therapeutically?
- What advice can be given to patients with MDS that experience inflammatory disorders?
- What does this mean for patient care and treatments in the future?
- What is the direction for future research?