Interview with Dr. Bart Scott from the University of Washington - Recorded in March 2012
Questions answered include:
- What are the most important recent advances in bone marrow transplantation for MDS?
- What are the criteria to determine if an MDS patient should be considered for bone marrow transplantation?
- What is the difference between a related and an unrelated donor?
- What is the process of a bone marrow transplant?
- What are the options if bone marrow transplantation is not successful?
- What is the best advice you can give to patients about making sound treatment decisions?
- What future advances are on the horizon for bone marrow transplantation for MDS?