Non-third molar impacted teeth can present unique challenges to the oral and maxillofacial surgeon and the rest of the dental provider team.
This 60-minute webinar addresses clinical evaluation, treatment options and surgical technique specific to impacted maxillary canines, impacted mandibular second molars and other unusual cases of non-third molar impactions.
At the conclusion of this program, participants should be able to:
- Assess a patient with impacted non-third molar teeth.
- Explain the etiology of impacted non-third molar teeth.
- Express the importance of a team-based approach with other dental specialists when treatment planning.
- Employ proper imaging techniques to determine position and prognosis of surgical repositioning.
- Describe three different techniques of managing soft tissues when uncovering impacted maxillary canines.
- Identify optimal timing for intervention of impacted non-third molars, including impacted canines and mandibular second molars.
- Discuss unusual strategies for difficult cases of impacted non-third molars.
Registrants will be granted access to view the recording and claim CE credit for up to 30 days after the conclusion of the webinar. You will receive notification as soon as the recording is available (typically within three business days of the live webinar).
Cancellation Policy: Registrants will receive a full refund up until the day before the event. No refund will be given for cancellation on the day of the event.
Each registration receives one CE certificate.
Continuing Education Provider Approval
The American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons is an ADA CERP Recognized Provider.
ADA CERP is a service of the American Dental Association to assist dental professionals in identifying quality providers of continuing dental education.
ADA CERP does not approve or endorse individual courses or instructors, nor does it imply acceptance of credit hours by boards of dentistry.
The American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons designates this activity for 1 continuing education credits.
AGD - Accepted Program Provider
5/1/18 – 6/30/22
Provider ID# 214680
The American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons (AAOMS) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons designates this live activity for a maximum of 1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.