Select the Sections below you want to view. Each program consists of a "media type" and the legend is below. Please complete the evaluation/feedback after viewing this Chapter, in order to access the assessment. Upon successful completion of the assessment, your CDE/CME certificate will be available.
Upon completion of this section, the learner should be able to:
- Recognize the skeletal, dental and soft tissue deformities of the face that necessitate surgery.
- Explain current three-dimensional diagnostic imaging techniques, as well as virtual surgical planning and intraoperative navigation for orthognathic surgery.
- Describe the surgical principles of design and modifications of mandibular and maxillary and midface osteotomies.
- Explain the basic principles of orthodontic and restorative treatment that precede and follow surgical treatment.
- Discuss common errors that can occur in planning and how to avoid common pitfalls in orthognathic surgery.
- Recognize perioperative complications and how to avoid and manage them appropriately.
To view the Orthognathic Surgery disclosure list, click here