Signature validity is a major component of medical record documentation standards. Many rules and regulations are associated with physician and other provider documentation. During this 60-minute webinar, participants will learn a variety of recommendations related to medical record signatures along with some payer requirements.
1. Review the legal medical record and how that can be defined for your organization.
2. Discuss the importance of legible, identifiable signatures on medical record documentation.
3. Identify government payer requirements related to electronic signatures.
4. Outline the requirements for using an alternative signature method, such as a stamped signature.
5. Explain the potential penalties associated with missing or invalid signatures during government payer audits.
6. Discuss the importance of having an effective compliance plan in small, medium and large practices.
Cancellation Policy: Registrants will receive a full refund up until the day before the event. No refund will be given for cancellation on the day of the event.
Continuing Education Provider Approval
The American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons is an ADA CERP Recognized Provider.
ADA CERP is a service of the American Dental Association to assist dental professionals in identifying quality providers of continuing dental education.
ADA CERP does not approve or endorse individual courses or instructors, nor does it imply acceptance of credit hours by boards of dentistry.
The American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons designates this activity for 1.0 continuing education credits.
AGD - Accepted Program Provider
Provider ID# 214680