This 90-minute webinar will review basic pharmacological concepts with emphasis on sedation/anesthetic and emergency drugs.
At the conclusion of this program, participants should be able to:
1. Explain basic pharmacologic concepts and their clinical applications.
2. Relate the sedation/anesthesia continuum to drugs and patients.
3. Describe the occupational hazards associated with trace amounts of nitrous oxide in the working environment.
4. Define key recommendations of drug storage in the OMS office.
5. Discuss requirements of maintaining an accurate drug log.
Cancellation Policy: Registrants will receive a full refund up until the day before the event. No refund will be given for cancellation on the day of the event.
The American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons is an ADA CERP Recognized Provider.
ADA CERP is a service of the American Dental Association to assist dental professionals in identifying quality providers of continuing dental education. ADA CERP does not approve or endorse individual courses or instructors, nor does it imply acceptance of credit hours by boards of dentistry.
Concerns or complaints about a CE provider may be directed to the provider or to the Commission for Continuing Education Provider Recognition at www.ada.org/cerp.
The American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons designates this activity for 1.5 continuing education credits.
AGD - Accepted Program Provider
Provider ID# 214680