This webinar will address the practical aspects of revitalizing your practice in these uncertain times of the COVID-19 pandemic. Panel members from both private and academic practices will share their experiences about how to provide safe patient care and make your practice successful in the new environment. An interactive Q & A panel will follow the presentation.
Participation in this live activity is limited to the first 200 registrants, and this webinar is expected to sell out. Advance registration is recommended. Please only register if you anticipate being able to attend the live activity. A recording will be freely available in the AAPM Education Center within one week of the live activity.
After attending this session, participants will be better able to
- Discuss safe opening of practices according to CDC guidelines
- Refine decision-making regarding urgency vs risk stratification in performing interventional procedures
- Review approaches for screening and testing of patients
- Discuss the challenges and benefits of virtual visits: using telemedicine efficiently to provide appropriate care
- Discuss approaches for recognizing signs of burnout in colleagues and staff
Didactic, Panel, Moderated Q&A (75 minutes)
This activity was developed to meet the needs of clinicians treating patients in pain while navigating the COVID-19 healthcare crisis.
The American Academy of Pain Medicine (AAPM) provides a live webinar titled “Re-opening and Revitalizing your Pain Practice amidst the COVID-19 Pandemic” and offers continuing medical education (CME) for physicians. Successful completion requires that participants view the live webinar presentation in full and complete an online evaluation. Participants receive their CME certificates after they submit their evaluations online.
The American Academy of Pain Medicine is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The American Academy of Pain Medicine designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Instructions for Participants:
1) This activity will consist of a didactic presentation accompanied by Q&A; there is no fee to participate.
2) View the entire presentation.
3) An evaluation must be completed prior to receipt of your certificate. After completing the activity evaluation, a statement of credit can be generated and printed on your own at your convenience.
4) For additional assistance, please contact the American Academy of Pain Medicine, 8735 W. Higgins Road, Suite 300, Chicago, IL 60631, 847-375-4731.
Faculty/Planner Disclosures & Policy:
It is the policy of AAPM to plan and implement educational activities in accordance with the ACCME to ensure balance, independence, objectivity, and scientific rigor. As an ACCME-accredited provider, AAPM may receive commercial support from industry but does not receive guidance, either nuanced or direct, on the content of the activity or on who should deliver the content. All program faculty and planners are required to disclose all financial relationships they may have or have had within the last 12 months with commercial interests whose products or services are related to the subject matter of the presentation. Any real or apparent conflicts of interest must be resolved prior to the presentation. Faculty are expected to disclose this information to the audience both verbally and in print (slideshows) at the beginning of each presentation.
During this unprecedented public health emergency and because there are no current preventive or specific treatments for COVID-19, AAPM reasonably determines that there is no potential for relevant financial relationships and therefore no need to resolve or disclose conflicts.
Faculty (Scroll below for faculty details):
Vitaly Gordin, MD
Timothy Lamer, MD
Tobias Moeller-Bertram, MD PhD MAS
Gregory Polston, MD
ToNhu Vu, MD
Ajay Wasan, MD MSc
Jennifer Westlund, MSW (AAPM Staff)
Expert Educational Design:
This educational activity was planned and facilitated by leaders from the American Academy of Pain Medicine (AAPM). AAPM is the leading medical association representing physicians committed to advancing the emerging science and practice of pain medicine.
For Technical Support:
+1 (858) 201-4136*
8am - 8pm ET**
*for callers residing outside of the United States
**excludes holidays and weekends