In order to improve patient compliance, immediate release products need enhanced tablet appearance, swallowability, taste and feel. In this talk, experts will introduce a new one step ready-to-use dry powder for immediate release coatings that produces films with these desired attributes and high glossiness with reduced processing time and cost without affecting dissolution or disintegration profiles.
Advanced oral drug delivery technologies will be presented to increase gastric resistance and improve intestinal absorption of drug products targeting the proximal region of the small intestine, where there is a narrow absorption window, and requiring enteric protection followed by rapid release. This approach can enable rapid drug release at a precisely defined pH level between 3.0 and 5.5 with 90% of the dose released within 30 minutes at the target pH.
Colonic oral drug delivery is an increasingly desirable option for drugs targeting bowel diseases, treatments with glucocorticoids, microbiome therapeutics, and other oral products that seek to avoid systemic side effects or to reduce the daily dose. Experts will review some of the latest pH, time and microbial dependent drug delivery technologies that can enable precise targeting of the colonic region.
- Understand the benefits and challenges of targeted oral drug delivery
- Learn about new technologies for taste masking, swallowability and precise drug targeting
- Understand how advanced drug delivery technologies can be used to overcome the narrow absorption window in the proximal region of the small intestine
- Learn about the unique environment of the colon and its potential to open up a diverse range of new therapeutics and drug delivery technologies
Who will benefit most from this webinar?
- Formulation scientists
- Senior management of pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies
- Professors and researchers in the fields of pharmaceutical sciences and drug delivery
- Regulatory professionals
- CRO’s and CDMO’s to the pharmaceutical industry