The American College of Osteopathic Family Physicians (ACOFP), in collaboration with the Endocrine Society, has created a certificate program exploring the many facets of diabetes care and management. Developed through the efforts of endocrinologists and family physicians, this 12-part course encompasses both the clinical aspects of diabetes care as well as the supportive social pieces.
This course features 12 modules, each with a pre- and post-test, as well as a final exam to test your knowledge and competency at the end of the course. The entire course, including the final exam, offers 15.00 AOA Category 1-A CME, 15.00 AMA PRA Category 1 credits, and 15.00 ABIM MOC points for successful course completion. Each module is expected to take around 75 minutes to complete for a total of approximately 15 contact hours plus the final exam.
Note that you have one year from the date of access to complete the course content and final exam, through 12/31/2024. If you do not complete the material and exam within that year, you will have to repurchase the course. Once the content has been completed, you will retain access to the course through its expiration on 12/31/2024.
Upon the successful completion of this 12-part course, learners will:
- Describe the spectrum of diabetes and considerations in special populations to provide personalized care.
- Identify patient-centered approaches to support psychosocial concerns and social determinants of health in patients with diabetes.
- Recognize approaches to patient engagement for successful approaches to prevention of progression of prediabetes to type 2 diabetes.
- Apply medical therapy options of insulin and non-insulin treatments to managing patient cases.
- Compare innovative approaches to care delivery with new technology and therapeutic options.
The target audience for the certificate program is physicians interested in expanding their approaches to diabetes care and management. This course will also be of interest to those responsible for the care of patients with diabetes, primarily nurse practitioners, registered nurses, physician assistants, and pharmacists.
These are the pricing tiers for members, non-members and residents.
- Member: $450
- Non-member: $550
- Resident: $350 (residents need to contact email@example.com to secure discounted pricing.