D E S C R I P T I O N :
Language educators are challenged on a daily basis to meet the needs of all learners in their classrooms. The needs of students vary based on their readiness level, interests and learning preferences. This Virtual Learning Module (VLM) will present several key strategies for engaging all learners in the language classroom.
- Using Differentiated Instruction to Engage All Learners
- Varied Instructional Approaches
- Scaffolds and Supports for Learners in the Classroom
- Flexible Grouping of Students for a Variety of Purposes
- Offering Student Choice
- Providing the Appropriate Level of Challenge Through Tiering
- Responding to the Needs of All Learners Using Data
By the end of the VLM session, you will be able to:
- Enhance your background knowledge around differentiated instruction
- Implement key strategies for responding to the needs of all students
- Reflect on your practice.
W A T C H T H E L I V E W E B I N A R E V E N T
P R E S E N T E R : Leslie Grahn has twenty-seven years of language teaching experience at the middle and high school levels and twelve years of experience at the central office level, most recently as Coordinator of World Languages for the Howard County Public School System in Maryland. She holds a Bachelor’s degree from the University of Maryland, Baltimore County in French and Education and a Master’s degree in Administration and Supervision from Loyola University.
Leslie has been a course instructor on foreign language teaching methods and differentiated instruction and frequent presenter at state, regional, and national conferences, specializing in best practices, specifically hands-on, interactive strategies. She facilitates workshops on the topics of student engagement, formative assessment, rigor, and differentiated instruction. Leslie is the co-author of The Keys to Strategies for Language Instruction and serves on the boards of MFLA, NECTFL, and NADSFL.
MEMBER PRICE: $59
NON-MEMBER PRICE: $89
Access: 1 year (starting at the moment of purchase)
1.5 Contact Hours