Did you know that how you conduct assessments can be a powerful tool in the learning process? Join us for this FREE webinar to examine how Columbia University College of Dental Medicine and Vagelos College of Physicians and Surgeons have used evidence-based methods to revamp their assessment systems. Learn how to adopt three approaches to assessment that promote student learning and wellness:
- preclinical pass/fail grading structures,
- a first semester assessment structure to support long-term learning in biomedical science, and
- collaborative post-exam review sessions.
- Explain evidence-based reasoning and strategies for designing a system of assessment that enhances long-term learning, student collaboration, well-being, professional-identity formation and educational climate.
- Create action plans, including evidence to document, for revising assessment systems.
The American Dental Education Association is an ADA CERP Recognized Provider.
An evaluation form is available to participants after the conclusion of the live webinar. To earn continuing education (CE) credit for participation in the webinar, the online evaluation must be completed in full by June 13, 2022. After completing the evaluation, webinar participants can print and save the CE Verification Form.
ADA CERP is a service of the American Dental Association to assist dental professionals in identifying quality providers of continuing dental education. ADA CERP does not approve or endorse individual courses or instructors, nor does it imply acceptance of credit hours by boards of dentistry.
All speakers agree that neither they nor members of their immediate family have any financial relationships with commercial entities that may be relevant to their presentation.
The American Dental Education Association designates this activity for 1.00 continuing education credit.