12:30 – 12:50 PM
Introduction by our host, Kishshana Palmer, CFRE
Interview with Mike Geiger, AFP President and CEO
12:50 – 1:50 PM
The Resilient Nonprofit
Presented by Blackbaud with Jen Shang, Katrina Vanhuss, Kelley Jarrett and Steve MacLaughlinDuring a crisis, revenue models and fundraising operations are tested. Fundraisers and leaders are challenged with balancing the budgets while continuing to deliver missions, often with looming uncertainty. What are the key strategies to support a resilient response during these trying times?
Join nonprofit leaders Professor Jen Shang, Katrina Vanhuss, Kelley Jarrett, and Steve MacLaughlin as they discuss how to optimize key tactics to support a resilient response including:
- How to leverage data to retain donors, find likely major donors and identify your engaged supporters quickly.
- Alternatives to high-touch in-person donor meetings (that show you care!!!).
- Stewarding your virtual fundraisers before, during and after the event.
- Tools to create virtual fundraising events that connect people with your cause and each other.
- Understand if your ask amount, or cultivation strategy, needs to change for each prospect.
- The “must haves” in your donor nurture series.
- What you should be doing NOW to work confidently and strategically when things are back to “normal”.
First session recap
Intro of second session
2:00 – 3:00 PM
Beyond the Hype: What Actually Works in Digital Fundraising and Social Media
Presented by Julia Campbell, MPA and Josh Hirsch, MS
Tired of all the hype around social media, especially when it comes to fundraising? Want to learn what *actually* works? Are you struggling to figure out what to post and how to stay on mission while being mindful of COVID 19, racial justice protests, and other current events? We will show you how even small nonprofits can make social media work for them, in this interactive, tactical workshop for digital fundraisers.
3:00 - 3:30 PM
Second session recap
Interview with Blackbaud
Interview with BIrgit Burton, African American Development Officers Network
Intro third session
3:30 – 4:30 PM
One Size Doesn’t Fit All: How to Engage Donors by Generation
Presented by Lynnette Adams, MBA, MFA
Your donors are not the same, and your fundraising approach shouldn't be, either. The truth is, from the Matures to Generation Z, giving looks different. Different generations are motivated to give for different reasons. They also give in very different ways. How can you build impactful and sustainable relationships with each generation? In this session, learn how to understand their different paths to philanthropy and how to engage them as loyal and long-term donors to your cause.
4:30 – 4:35 PM
Daily Wrap-up with our host Kishshana Palmer, CFRE
Recap third session
Lead into networking
4:35 – 5:00 PM
Networking Opportunity with fellow attendees