Integrative health and medicine is so much more than just adding tools to our toolbox as clinicians and practitioners. True health care is about treating the whole person - body, mind and spirit. In this session, Dr. Guarneri will review the history of medicine and how we evolved into a reductionist system. She will highlight the core principles of Holistic Integrative Health and will provide an evidence base that supports these principles. As healers, it is our responsibility to infuse compassion and holism into our work as we heal our planet through the healing of our patients and ourselves. Together, we can put the heart back into health care.
Faculty: Mimi Guarneri, MD, FACC, ABOIM
Faculty Disclosures: Mimi Guarneri, MD, FACC, ABOIM - Employer - Guarneri Integrative Health, Inc.
- Recognize the history of medicine and how we evolved to a reductionist system
- Review the evolution of the Holistic Integrative Health movement
- Explain the principles of Holistic Integrative Health and review the science that supports these principles
- Describe the clinician’s role in the changing healthcare environment
- Physicians: maximum of 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- All other healthcare professionals completing this activity will be issued a certificate of participation.
This course is CME-eligible for a 2-year period ending on June 24, 2022. After the two-year time period, you will continue to have access to your purchased content, however you will no longer be able to claim CME credits for your participation in the course.