The lack of consistency around the recruitment and enrollment of F-1 international students at U.S. secondary schools not only raises ethical concerns, but also opens the door for misaligned expectations among the various parties involved in the administration of the enrollment process.
Without guidance on best practice for collaborating with third-party recruitment agencies, secondary students may not be given a clear understanding of what to expect from this challenging, yet exciting process. At the higher education level, colleges and universities are expected to act with transparency, integrity, and accountability; secondary-level practices should align with these standards.
CSIET Executive Director Chris Page presents the work of the CSIET Advisory Board on International Student Recruitment (AIRC, AISAP, Cambridge Network, EMA, NACAC, NAFSA, NAIS, TABS) and its new Model Standards.
- An understanding of CSIET, our Mission and Purpose Knowledge of CSIET's new Model Standards and evaluation process for international student recruitment agencies abroad, particularly from China.
- Knowledge of the importance of common language, a "glossary of terms".
- A better understanding of the resources available to secondary schools regarding international student recruitment.
- A better understanding of the importance of common practices.
- Entering (0-2 Yrs)
- Emerging (3-4 Yrs)
- Advancing (5-9 Yrs)
- Mastering (10+ Yrs)
- Drives Vision and Purpose
- Obtain High Standard of Integrity
Continuing Education Credits:
Notes for AISAP Members:
- Once you click the REGISTER button on the right side you are signed up for the webinar.
- A confirmation email from AISAP Programs will be sent once you register.
- Once registered, you will have the option to JOIN LIVE WEB EVENT.
- To add more webinars, click on the Courses tab at the top of the page.
$0 AISAP Members
Click here to learn more about becoming a member.