Active parent volunteers benefit every
aspect of an independent school. They provide leadership, organization, and
hands-on assistance for fundraising events, enrollment champion programs, and
community building initiatives. Volunteers are less likely to consider
attrition when minor difficulties arise. So, why do faculty, administration,
and some parents, cringe when they think of the parents association? In this
workshop we will identify the disconnect between what motivates parents and
what motivates the school staff in regard to parent involvement. We will explore:
- The myths and realities of recruiting, managing, and stewarding effective parent volunteers.
- Strategies for the staff members who rely on parent volunteers.
- How to evaluate each program that involves parent volunteers for mission and brand alignment.
- Ways to ensure that your parent association is addressing issues of equity, diversity, and inclusion within the parent population.
Presenter: Jill Goodman, Founder, Jill Goodman Consulting
Jill Goodman is an executive mentor and strategist with a diverse range of skills across the non-profit and educational sectors. With over 20 years of experience in developing high-level strategy, executing and growing core programs to forward the mission of numerous independent schools and organizations, Jill’s intense listening skills have helped her develop a reputation for providing exceptional, solution-oriented results. A key to those results is her 360-degree understanding of the non-profit world – she has served as an administrator, staff member, grant maker, trustee, and volunteer.
Her leadership mentoring experience spans every type of organization, from health initiatives like the Movember Foundation (known for its yearly international awareness campaign) to small, independent schools. Jill is well known for her presentations on educational advancement, grassroots marketing and branding, and parent and alumni relations. Her workshops have been well-received by audiences at the Association of Independent Maryland and DC Schools, North Carolina Association of Independent Schools, Association of Colorado Independent Schools, Association of Independent Schools of Greater Washington, New York State Association of Independent Schools, Small Boarding School Association, National Small Schools Conference, Association of Independent School Admissions Professionals, and has appeared at a guest on InspirED School Marketers podcast, Sparkcast, The Enrollment Spectrum Podcast (August 2019), as well as Finalsite U. Jill continues to help organizations harness the combination of smart methodology, active listening, creativity, planning, and compelling messaging that is essential to stand out in today’s competitive non-profit landscape.
She can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 443-463-7678
Level of Experience
- Entering (0-2 Yrs)
- Emerging (3-4 Yrs)
- Advancing (5-9 Yrs)
- Mastering (10+ Yrs)
- Business Insight
- Customer Focus
- Expand Educational Knowledge
Notes for AISAP Members:
- Once you click the REGISTER button on the right side you are signed up for the webinar.
- A confirmation email from AISAP Programs will be sent once you register.
- Once registered, you will have the option to JOIN LIVE WEB EVENT.
- To add more webinars, click on the Courses tab at the top of the page.
$0 AISAP Members
Click here to learn more about becoming a member.