Admission Committees take on many different forms. From those made up of
only admission and enrollment professionals, to those including faculty and administrators, they come in different shapes and sizes. Often, the committee structure is inherited or follows a timeline and process that has looked the same for many years. But what is the purpose of an admission committee and why is it important? How do admission committees vary from school to school? In this session, we’ll think through the makeup of the admission committee, consider strategies to streamline the process and make the most of the timeline, and review common stumbles many committees face. We will examine real, workable solutions for the common problems facing admission committees and the admission professionals who facilitate them. Most of all, we will examine what the actual purpose of the admission committee is and what it should be. Does your admission committee struggle with:
- Reading applications on time or missing deadlines?
- Locating, tracking, or sharing important details in admission files?
- Uncertain or inconsistent application review?
- Discouraged or exhausted members feeling overburdened?
- Running out of time or requiring additional meetings to get it all done?
- Disparities in members’ consideration of DEI lens?
- The need for anti-bias training?
- Uncertainty about use of time & discussion facilitation?
- All registrants will be emailed access to presentation recordings and resources within 1 business day after the live webinar.
Director of Admission
Level of Experience:
- Entering (0-2 Yrs)
- Emerging (2-4 Yrs)
- Advancing (5-9 Yrs)
- Mastery (10+ Yrs)
L&D 2 - Operational Excellence
L&D 6 - Leadership and Professionalism
Notes for AISAP Webinars
- Once you click REGISTER on the online learning site, you are taken to the portal to register.
- Once you complete registration on the portal, you are signed up for the webinar.
- A confirmation email from AISAP Programs will be sent which has the option to JOIN LIVE WEB EVENT.
- A confirmation email from Zoom will be sent which has the live Zoom link.
- To add more webinars, click on the Events tab at the top of the page, then select Live Events.
- Resources will be added to the resources tab once presenters share any files.
- Recordings will be posted within 1 business day after the live webinar.
- Missed the live session? Register and access the recording and resources.
$0 for members | $79 for nonmembers
Join now and register at the no-cost member rate!