Course Description: (PR Credit)
This course will provide judges, attorneys, and other court personnel an explanation of the Qualified Residential Treatment Program (QRTP) provisions of the Family First Prevention Services Act (FFPSA). Discussion will include overview of the definition of a Qualified Residential Treatment Program, DCFS procedures and assessment for placement in a QRTP and the role of the court in monitoring and making key findings on such cases.
As a result of this course, participants will be able to:
- Identify which placements qualify as a QRTP
- Understand the polices and limitations of funding for childrenplaced in QRTP
- Reference the Illinois Juvenile Court Act 705 ILCS 405/2-28 related to QRTP requirements
- Know the court timelines and benchmarks regarding QRTP placement
- Access and complete related court forms (Motion, Court Report, Court Order Form)