This seven-part online
series helps participants gain confidence on their grant
writing skills and covers a wide range
of topics, including the funding landscape, core aspects of successful grant
applications, and foundation applications.
In this introductory course, you will learn tips and tools to find and write competitive grant application. Individuals can purchase a 7-part series for a discounted price and additional benefits for learning or purchase individual webinars. Join for live or recorded 60-minute webinars to learn:
- The landscape of federally funded microbiology research in the United States and tips to secure private funding through foundations.
- The steps involved with grant making.
- Strategies for writing a successful grant
- Core aspects of successful grant applications.
- Recent changes in policies of major funders, such as the need for increased rigor and transparency in research, and how to address these recent changes
- Effective strategies to develop compelling NIH and NSF biosketches.
- Nature of review panels.
- Graduate students and postdoc science researchers interested in submitting grant applications to major United States funding agencies, such as NIH or major foundations
researchers at any career stage who:
- Have never prepared a grant proposal as the principal investigator
- Are preparing grant applications to major United States funding agencies, such as NIH or major foundations, within the next 12-24 months
- Access to live webinar(s) and recording(s)
- Certificate of completion upon completing post-webinar survey
- Discounted bundle pricing with purchase of the 7-webinar package
- Participate in a virtual learning community about grant writing
- Assignments to learn more about grantsmanship
- Invitation to participate in a consultation session for a grant application at ASM Microbe 2020, June 18–22, in Chicago, Illinois.
ASM Member: $249
Non-ASM Member: $299
Individual Webinar Rates
ASM Member: $40
Non-ASM Member: $60
All members except for Supporting Members qualify for ASM member rates.
No refunds will be given. Instead, all participants who pay the registration fee will be given access to the recordings for a limited time.