January 22, 2020 through April 8, 2020. Select Wednesdays at 1:00 - 2:00 p.m. ET.
Webinar series leader
Dr. Loretta Brancaccio-Taras, Professor of Biological Sciences and Director of e-Learning, City University of New York-Kingsborough Community College
This series introduces fundamental concepts of evidence-based teaching that you can readily apply in the classroom or lab, as well as essential career development tips for undergraduate educators. The content in the webinars builds upon content learned in previous webinars through the series. Learn from award-winning leaders in undergraduate biology education. The webinar series is based on ASM’s Science Teaching Fellows Program (2012-2017).
After the completion of the webinar series, participants will be able to:
- Implement best practices in curriculum development, such as backward design.
- Use active learning strategies in the classroom.
- Identify tools, resources, and connections to enhance classroom practices.
- Develop skill sets that make you a stronger applicant when applying for academic positions.
Webinar series format
- Six 60-minute interactive webinars and recordings, with activities to help your learning and Question/Answer periods
- Pre-webinar assignments to introduce you to the topic and assist learning
- Virtual learning community centered around undergraduate biology teaching
A graduate student, postdoc or early-career scientist/faculty, transitioning to teaching who is also:
- Studying, conducting research or teaching in the microbiological and related sciences.
- Willing to commit time and resources to participate in webinar series activities from January to April 2020.
- Interested in careers that have a substantial undergraduate teaching component.
Participants may register for individual webinars or the 6-webinar series.
Registration for individual webinar(s) includes:
- Access to live event and recording.
- Ability to interact with the speaker through polling and Q&A.
- Discounted 6-webinar package pricing.
- Participation in a virtual learning community about undergraduate teaching
- Feedback about your learning through pre-webinar assignments.
- Upon completing the 6-webinar series and providing feedback through surveys:
Questions about registration, the series, or content? Email Rachel Horak, email@example.com
ASM Member: $199
Non-ASM Member: $274
Individual Webinar Rates
ASM Member: $35
Non-ASM Member: $50
All members except for Supporting Members qualify for ASM member rates.
No refunds for individual webinars will be given. Refunds for the webinar series are subject to a $50 administrative fee. All participants who pay the registration fee will be given access to the recordings for a limited time.