|Supported in part by Accelerate Diagnostics.|
Part 2 and Part 3 of this AST webinar series are currently available on demand on ASM Events Online.
Level of Instruction: Beginner.
Target Audience: Laboratory Technologists.
Format: This is a five, one-hour webinars. The webinars are previously recorded presentations. Each webinar will include a 50-minute presentation and a 10-minute Q&A.
The webinars' content does not build on the previous webinars in the series. All of the content is independent so learners can purchase only those that meet their needs.
This webinar is sold to individuals and not to institutions; therefore the purchaser’s webinar login access should not be share with others.
For individuals- The series is composed of five topics and they can be purchased singularly or as a bundle. The cost is $10 (ASM & CLSI members)/$15 (non-members)/ $5 for ASM Clinical Laboratory Scientist (CLS, MT, MLT, MLS) members per topic or a bundle price of $50 (ASM & CLSI members)/$75 (non-members)/ $25 for ASM Clinical Laboratory Scientist (CLS, MT, MLT, MLS) members for all five topics.
Visit http://asm.org/join to become an ASM member. If you are a CLSI member, contact CLSI Marketing Contact, Megan Hickey at firstname.lastname@example.org for the coupon code to take advantage of the member price. The CLSI coupon code cannot be used on top of an ASM member price.
Continuing Education (CE) Credit: This series is not available for CE credit.
- Introduction to Antimicrobials, presented by Christopher Doern, Ph.D., D(ABMM), Virginia Commonwealth University Health System.
- Understanding Manual Antimicrobial Susceptibility Tests and Their Enduring Value, presented by Janet Hindler, MCLS, MT(ASCP), F(AAM), University of California, Los Angeles Health System.
- Introduction to Automated Antimicrobial Susceptibility Testing, presented by April Abbott, Ph.D., D(ABMM), Deaconess Health System.
- Antimicrobial Results Reporting: Communicating Effectively with Clinicians, presented by Audrey Schuetz, M.D., M.P.H., D(ABMM), FCAP, Mayo Clinic.
- Quality Control and Validation/Verification of Antimicrobial Susceptibility Tests, presented by Janet Hindler, MCLS, MT(ASCP), F(AAM), University of California, Los Angeles Health System.
Closed Captioning is provided for this webinar series.
Missed Accelerate Diagnostics' cutting-edge presentations at ASM Microbe 2018? Here's your chance to view them for free!
Antibiotic Susceptibility Testing Direct from Positive Blood Cultures: Challenges and Opportunities for Pediatric and Immunocompromised Patients with Bacteremia
Antibiotic Susceptibility Testing Direct from Positive Blood Cultures: Challenges and Opportunities in the Academic Medical Center Setting
Providing phenotypic antimicrobial susceptibility results to clinicians can significantly affect patient outcomes and is, arguably, one of the most important activities performed by clinical microbiology laboratories. This symposium focused on direct from positive blood culture phenotypic antibiotic susceptibility testing and the challenges and opportunities in integrating this new technology into antimicrobial stewardship programs. Additionally, presenters discussed the impact of early susceptibility results on the management patients with Gram-negative bacteremia.
If you are purchasing all five topics click this “Add to Cart” to get the bundle price. Adding all topics to your cart individually will result in a higher fee.