This is a self-paced and self-study course. There will not be any live events nor instructor feedback available for this series. After registration, return to this URL to access course content.
Registration period is Now to March 31, 2021
Access to course materials is Now to April 30, 2021
This seven-part, self-paced on-demand series helps participants gain confidence on their grant writing skills and covers a wide range of topics, including the funding landscape, core aspects of successful grant applications, and foundation applications.
In this introductory-level series, you will learn tips and tools to find and write competitive grant application. Individuals can register for a 7-part series or individual webinars. Join for recorded 60-minute webinars to learn:
- The landscape of federally funded microbiology research in the United States and tips to secure private funding through foundations.
- The steps involved with grant making.
- Strategies for writing a successful grant
- Core aspects of successful grant applications.
- Recent changes in policies of major funders, such as the need for increased rigor and transparency in research, and how to address these recent changes
- Effective strategies to develop compelling NIH and NSF biosketches.
- Nature of review panels.
Who should attend?
- Graduate students and postdoc science researchers interested in submitting grant applications to major United States funding agencies, such as NIH or major foundations
Science researchers at any career stage who:
- Have never prepared a grant proposal as the principal investigator
- Are preparing grant applications to major United States funding agencies, such as NIH or major foundations, within the next 12-24 months
- Access to recording(s) and supplemental materials until April 30, 2021
- Certificate of completion upon completing all course components, including surveys
ASM Member: FREE
Non-ASM Member: $135
Individual Webinar Rates
ASM Member: FREE
Non-ASM Member: $50
Note to Global Outreach Student Members: if the purchase price is not listed as free ($0), please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
All members except for Supporting Members qualify for ASM member rates.
All sales are final. No refunds will be given. Instead, all participants who register will be given access to the recordings until April 30, 2021
Questions about login and ASM Membership? Does the cart purchase price not reflect your current ASM membership?
Questions about registration, the series, or content?
Email Rachel Horak, email@example.com
FINAL NOTE: If you want to access the entire course, please DO NOT add individual webinars to your cart. Only add the course to the cart using the button immediately below.