|Supported in part by Roche Diagnostics.|
The development and application of molecular techniques in the clinical laboratories have revolutionized the approaches to diagnosing and monitoring infectious diseases. Implementation of molecular technologies has significantly enhanced the laboratory diagnosis of infectious and traditional methodologies, such as viral cultures, are becoming increasingly obsolete.
This beginner series is intended to provide an introduction to basic molecular methodologies, followed by approaches to laboratory design/workflow for molecular testing, quality control/assurance programs and regulatory issues, verification and implementation of FDA-approved and non-FDA approved tests, quantitative assays and standards, and mass spectrometry. Level of Instruction:
This series is open to anyone who would like to participate. However, since it is a practical series, laboratory personnel (e.g., medical technologists, supervisors, and directors) with a minimum of a bachelors-degree and familiarity with clinical microbiology and molecular techniques would benefit the most. Format:
This is a self-study series with nine, one-hour webinars. The webinars are previously recorded presentations. Each webinar will include a 50-minute presentation and a 10-minute Q&A.
The webinars' content does not build on the previous webinars in the series. All of the content is independent so learners can purchase only those that meet their needs.
This webinar is sold to individuals and not to institutions; therefore the purchaser’s webinar login access should not be share with others.Cost: For individuals
- The series is composed of nine topics and they can be purchased singularly or as a bundle. The cost is $30 (ASM members)/$45 (non-members)/ $5 for ASM Clinical Laboratory Scientist (CLS, MT, MLT, MLS) members per topic or a bundle price of $250 (ASM members)/$373 (non-members)/ $45 for ASM Clinical Laboratory Scientist (CLS, MT, MLT, MLS) members for all nine topics. The purchase price includes unlimited access to the webinars through November 30, 2019 and continuing education credit for the purchaser.
to become an ASM member. For institutions
- An institutional subscription is available for this course for $259 per webinar. Purchase of institutional subscriptions will allow access and CE credit for up to 10 users. Please call Nicole Jackson at 202-942-9257 to purchase an institutional subscription. Each user receives unlimited access to the webinars through November 30, 2019 and continuing education credit.Continuing Education (CE) Credit:
Each presentation is approved for 1.0 P.A.C.E.® credit. CE credits can only be claimed by the purchaser. ASM is approved as a provider of continuing education programs in the clinical laboratory sciences by the ASCLS P.A.C.E.® Program. All presentations are recognized by the California Department of Health and Florida Department of Health and qualify for California and Florida CE credit toward license renewal.Series Topics:
Please email ASM if you require closed captioning.
- Introduction to Basic Molecular Biology and Techniques
- Implementation of Molecular in the Laboratory: Optimizing Space and Workflow
- Quality Control, Quality Assurance, and Regulatory Issues
- Verification of Quantitative Assays
- Quantitative Assays and Standards
- Verification of FDA Approved Tests
- Verification of Non-FDA Approved Tests
- MALDI-TOF: Routine Aerobic and Anaerobic Bacterial identification and implementation
- MALDI-TOF: Additional Applications
If you are purchasing all nine topics click this “Add to Cart” to get the bundle price. Adding all topics to your cart individually will result in a higher fee.