The purpose of this P.A.C.E. ®-accredited five-part webinar series is to provide the fundamentals of antimicrobial susceptibility testing (AST) in the clinical microbiology laboratory. The series delivers foundational information on antibiotic classes, their modes of action, spectrum of activity, breakpoint determination and interpretations, and more. Additional sessions discuss the methods used and theory behind manual and automated susceptibility testing. This short webinar series provides an introductory curriculum for laboratory technologists to develop the knowledge and skills necessary to perform and interpret antimicrobial susceptibility and effectively report results.
Part 2 and Part 3 of this AST webinar series are currently available on demand on ASM Events Online.
Level of Instruction: Beginner.
Target Audience: Laboratory Technologists.
Format: This is a self-study series with five, one-hour webinars. The webinars are previously recorded presentations. Each webinar will include a 50-minute presentation and a 10-minute Q&A.
The webinars' content does not build on the previous webinars in the series. All of the content is independent so learners can purchase only those that meet their needs.
This webinar is sold to individuals and not to institutions; therefore the purchaser’s webinar login access should not be share with others.
For individuals- The series is composed of five topics and they can be purchased singularly or as a bundle. The cost is $30 (ASM & CLSI members)/$45 (non-members) per topic or a bundle price of $138 (ASM & CLSI members)/$207 (non-members) for all five topics. The purchase price includes unlimited access to the webinars through February 29, 2020 and continuing education credit for the purchaser.
Visit http://asm.org/join to become an ASM member. If you are a CLSI member, contact CLSI Marketing Contact, Shannon Sullivan at email@example.com for the coupon code to take advantage of the member price. The CLSI coupon code cannot be used on top of an ASM member price.
For institutions- An institutional subscription is available for this course for $259 per webinar. Purchase of institutional subscriptions will allow access and CE credit for up to 10 users. Please call Nicole Jackson at 202-942-9257 to purchase an institutional subscription. Each user receives unlimited access to the webinars through February 29, 2020 and continuing education credit.
Continuing Education (CE) Credit: Each presentation is approved for 1.0 P.A.C.E.® credit. CE credits can only be claimed by the purchaser. ASM is approved as a provider of continuing education programs in the clinical laboratory sciences by the ASCLS P.A.C.E.® Program. All presentations are recognized by the California Department of Health and Florida Department of Health and qualify for California and Florida CE credit toward license renewal.
- Introduction to Antimicrobials, presented by Christopher Doern, Ph.D., D(ABMM), Virginia Commonwealth University Health System.
- Understanding Manual Antimicrobial Susceptibility Tests and Their Enduring Value, presented by Janet Hindler, MCLS, MT(ASCP), F(AAM), University of California, Los Angeles Health System.
- Introduction to Automated Antimicrobial Susceptibility Testing, presented by April Abbott, Ph.D., D(ABMM), Deaconess Health System.
- Antimicrobial Results Reporting: Communicating Effectively with Clinicians, presented by Audrey Schuetz, M.D., M.P.H., D(ABMM), FCAP, Mayo Clinic.
- Quality Control and Validation/Verification of Antimicrobial Susceptibility Tests, presented by Janet Hindler, MCLS, MT(ASCP), F(AAM), University of California, Los Angeles Health System.
This educational series made possible through an unrestricted education grant from Accelerate Diagnostics.
If you are purchasing all five topics click this “Add to Cart” to get the bundle price. Adding all topics to your cart individually will result in a higher fee.