New to writing manuscripts for scientific journals? Reviewing a manuscript for the first time? Looking for fresh insights? ASM’s Scientific Writing and Publishing Online Course equips you with the skills you need to publish in top tier scientific journals.
Join the course for seven 60-minute webinars with seasoned scientists who frequently publish and review in ASM journals. Webinars are recorded for later viewing in case of conflicts. Learn more
You will receive benefits, including a(n):
- Certificate of participation.
- Invitation to sign up for manuscript consultation sessions at Microbe 2019 in San Francisco, CA.
- Live Webinars: Thursdays 2:00 – 3:00 PM Eastern Time (ET)
- Attend seven 60-minute interactive webinars presented by experts in the field. Webinars are recorded for later viewing in case of conflicts. They will be available about 3 business days (M-F) following the webinar.
- Participate in live Q&A sessions with presenters.
- Complete pre-webinar assignments.
- Provide feedback via surveys for a maximum of 24 months.
Webinar 1. Writing Compelling Titles and Abstracts
Webinar 2. Introductions
Webinar 3. Figures and Figure Legends
Webinar 4. Results and Methods
Webinar 5. Discussions
Webinar 6. Authors are from Mars, Reviewers are from Venus
Webinar 7. How to Review a Manuscript