CAE Credit Hours: 20.0 (All CAE eligible education must fit into the specified time frame to be able to be used towards either the exam application or renewal application. For candidates applying for the May 2021 exam and taking this Study Group, you may claim up to 2.5 hours per session attended up until the time preceding your application submission.)
Fee: $450 (member); $600 (non-member)
Association Forum CAE Study Group:
Classes will begin Wednesday, February 17, 2021 and end April 21, 2021. Late registrations will be accommodated; however, we cannot guarantee your CAE Study Guide will be available by the first session.
Scholarship: Do you need assistance paying for costs associated with preparing for the CAE exam? Consider applying for a CAE scholarship from the Association Forum Foundation or Million Dollar Round Table.
Increase your chances of passing the CAE exam by joining the study group. Held weekly on Wednesday evenings from 5:00p.m 7:30p.m.the CAE study group provides in-depth preparation for professionals preparing for the CAE exam. Facilitated by current CAEs, the study group meets weekly for a structured case-study series based on the nine domain areas.
During the study group, participants will:
- Enjoy an extended 11 week course;
- Take part in a dedicated test preparation session focused on test-taking strategies and study tips;
- Engage in interactive learning through participant teach-back opportunities;
- Take a CAE pre-test to quickly identify areas for concentrated study;
- Receive a CAE Study Guide developed by ASAE;
- Interactively discuss previous week's readings and review questions and key terms;
- Review identified best practices for each domain prepared by facilitators;
- Take a simulated mock-exam;
- Receive CAE test-taking resources to enhance studying efforts; and
- Be part of an private online member community of CAE facilitators and candidates to engage in online discussions and share resources outside of the classroom.
The CAE Study Guide will be issued during the first session to those individuals who register by the deadline. Late registrants may experience a delay in receiving their study guide. No study guides will be shipped to registrants. Participants are strongly advised to read the recommended readings and complete the study questions before each session. Domains are not covered in numeric sequence. A schedule and preliminary material will be provided once participants have registered prior to the study group start date.
CAE Core Resources:
While these resources are not required reading and should not be interpreted as constituting the sole source of all CAE exam questions, candidates may find them useful when preparing for the exam. Each candidate should develop his or her own personal reading list and study plan based on their individual needs and knowledge.
1. Association Law Handbook, 6th edition
2. ASAE Handbook of Professional Practices in Association Management, 3rd edition
3. The Jossey-Bass Handbook of Nonprofit Leadership and Management, 4th edition
4. How to Read Nonprofit Financial Statements, 3rd edition
5. Membership Essentials: Recruitment, Retention, Roles, Responsibilities, and Resources, 2nd edition
CAE Exam Date:
The May 2021 exam will be held May 1-14, 2021.
Don't forget to check out the CAE Study Group Scholarships available for participants. Please click here to apply. Please complete and submit this application by Friday, January 15, 2021
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org