This live web event has ended. Thank you for attending.
DescriptionThe Technician's Role in Diabetes Management
Our diabetic feline patients require a team to care for their needs. Veterinary professionals and compliant caregivers are all pieces of the puzzle for successful treatment. Once the patient has received an accurate diabetic work up, continued care consists of repeat hospital visits and home care. A veterinary technician is involved in every step of the patient’s journey from performing proper diagnostics to caregiver education and follow up care during rechecks. Attend this lecture to refresh old knowledge and pick up new tips and tricks to share with caregivers and their beloved feline family members.
Upon completion of this session, the participant will:
- Understand the accurate process to perform accurate diagnostics related to diabetes mellitus in the feline patient.
- Understand the basic concepts of performing accurate glucose curves on feline patients.
- Be able to properly educate clients on the importance of nutritional management of the diabetic patient.
- Be able to outline the importance of proper home glucose monitoring for the feline patient.
- Be able to effectively communicate the proper steps of home insulin administration to owners of diabetic patients.
- Understand the importance of the owner keeping proper medical records for home care for the newly diagnosed feline diabetes mellitus.
This course has been certified by or provided by the following Certified Organization/s:
• AAVSB-Registry of Approved Continuing Education (RACE) - 1.00 Hours
• New York State Board of Veterinary Medical Examiners - 1.00 Hours Hours
In Partnership With