Ed Quick, MA, MBA, CDMS
Teresa Yancey, RN, JD, CCM
Charlotte Sortedahl, DNP, MPH, MS, RN, CCM
Understanding the importance of diversity within the case and disability management community is essential to workforce development and caring for our clients and is an integral part of the ethical practice of case and disability management. This session features a panel of Commissioners and explores the importance of diversity, equity and inclusion to better understand bias and support to advocate for the needs of our clients and for those who provide case management & disability management services.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the importance of actively considering diversity, equity & inclusion in your practice.
- Identify and control for bias
- Explain the importance of considering unique characteristics, perspectives and contributions of a diverse case management and disability management population within your practice with regards to but not limited to, age, appearance, disability, ethnicity, gender identity, geographic location, nationality, professional level or practice setting, race, religion, sexual orientation, and socioeconomic status.
- Develop strategies to include and highlight DE&I within your practice.
- Review and recommend opportunities to incorporate diversity, equity, and inclusion within your practice.
The Commission for Case Manager Certification (CCMC) is accredited as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
This program has been pre-approved by The Commission for Case Manager Certification to provide continuing education credit to CCM® board certified case managers. The course is approved for 1 CE contact hour(s). Activity code and Approval number will be awarded on your certificate of completion.
This program has been pre-approved by The Commission to provide continuing education credit to CDMS® board certified disability managers. The course is approved for 1 CE contact hour(s). Activity code and Approval number will be awarded on your certificate of completion.
To earn contact hours/CEs: In order to earn your contact hour(s)/CE, you will have to watch the presentation in its entirety and complete the survey. Once both the presentation and survey are marked as complete, you will receive your Certificate of Completion. If you are a CCM, your CEs will automatically record in your CCMC account.
All planners and speakers have disclosed that they have no relevant financial relationships or conflicts of interest with commercial interests related directly or indirectly to this educational activity.
Commercial Support or Non-Commercial Sponsorship: There is no commercial support for this activity. The planners and faculty have no relevant relationships to disclose.
Expiration date: 02/24/2024.