This course is available for physician, dentist, physician assistant, and nurse practitioner continuing education. A general attendance certificate is also available.
This policy statement is designed to help separate fact from opinion so that an honest understanding of marijuana will allow physicians and others to understand the issues regarding medical marijuana.
- Discuss the biology, chemistry, societal, legal and medical issues surrounding medical marijuana.
- Describe the prevailing myths about medical marijuana.
- Identify evidence-based statements on the possible health benefits and complications of using medical marijuana.
- Teach family members, patients and community about medical marijuana by giving clear guidelines, warnings and recommendations.
- Discuss how biblical principles speak into medical marijuana issues and controversies.