This course is available for physician, dentist, physician assistant, and nurse practitioner continuing education. A general attendance certificate is also available.
This policy statement is designed to help separate fact from opinion so that an honest understanding of marijuana will allow physicians and others to understand the issues regarding recreational marijuana. In addition, with the robust belief that the Bible is the Word of God and that it speaks into our time and culture, we believe our Christian faith provides critical insights into the recreational marijuana question.
- Define recreational marijuana.
- Describe the biology, chemistry, societal, legal and medical issues surrounding recreational marijuana.
- Discuss the prevailing myths about recreational marijuana.
- Identify evidence-based statements on the possible health benefits and complications of using recreational marijuana.
- Teach family members, patients and community about recreational marijuana by giving clear guidelines, warnings and recommendations.
- Discuss how biblical principles speak into recreational marijuana issues and controversies.