management and care coordination are the stabilizers in health care. Without safe, patient-centered care facilitation, support, advocacy, and safe
transitions, that only a case manager does well, will we see improved patient
experience with healthcare, reduced costs, and demonstrated high-quality care
and services. Care coordination, if done
right, is not easy… and while case managers have always been involved, we must
be better prepared for the continuation of emerging payment models that focus
on care coordination and transitions. Stand up for your profession and your proficiencies because there are
individuals and organizations who will ‘recreate the wheel’ by renaming
positions that basically do what a case manager already does, whether they are called
an advocate, navigator, care coordinator, discharge navigator, etc.; you must
advocate for your profession where and when you can!
Whether you are a seasoned case manager or new to case management, this 4-hour course will provide you with additional or reinforced skills to improve your care coordination and transition processes for prevention of readmission and over-utilization of healthcare resources.
As a result of this course the participant will meet the following objectives:
- Gain insight to the competencies required for safe, effective and efficient care coordination and care transitions.
- Be exposed to the new reimbursement models introduced by CMS.
- Better understand the connection between care coordination and quality of care.
- Be able to demonstrate to stakeholders the important role case managers play in care coordination and the interdisciplinary team.
- Become more proficient with the competencies of care coordination and care transitions after completing review of case studies.
- Narrative download of course notes, outlines and references.
- Access to view 4 recorded Modules
- Slide handout for each Module
- *CE Credit: 4 hours RN, CCM and SW
- Certificate of Completion
$200 - Non-Members
*Participants will need to successfully pass a 25 question quiz at the end of the program to earn CE credits.