Join experts from the Institutes of Health for this three part virtual series that discusses Chronic Pain, Disability, Opioid Use, PTSD, and Brain Injury in the law enforcement field and how to identify and reduce these issues.
In Episode 1 you will learn:
- How to Identify PTSD, its causes, and the link to other mental health issues.
- Common reactions associated with PTSD, PTSD and the family, PTSD and coworkers, and how stigma may prolong suffering.
- What organizations can do to assist personnel and their families increasing the likelihood officers return to work.
- Common symptoms and behaviors associated with brain injury and how sometimes personality is impacted.
- Stigma regarding mental health vs. brain injury within law enforcement.
- Best practices for recovery, building resiliency, and returning to work.
- Causes and prevalence of Chronic Pain and Disability within law enforcement.
- Chronic pain prevention and management including associated mental health concerns.
- Chronic pain treatment and long-term effects on performance and productivity.
To register for the below training courses, please click "Add to Cart" for one or multiple trainings. Once you have paid your registration fee either immediately or later with the invoice option, you will be registered for the course. Please note, the CPCA credentials/log-in information for the person attending the training must be used, as you may not change the name of the attendee during the registration process. If you do not know the CPCA log-in information of the attendee, please contact Shannon Mahoney at firstname.lastname@example.org to get them registered. If you are not a member of CPCA and have never attended an event with us, please contact Shannon Mahoney at email@example.com to get them registered. If you have any questions or need to cancel please email Meghan Kalmbacher, Events Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cancellation Policy: Cancellations received at least 48 hours prior to the event will receive a full refund. Cancellations received within 48 hours of the event will not receive a refund.