This course is a multi-part educational course developed by CSI in conjunction with PPG and the PPG Foundation. This course will provide you with essential knowledge related to paints, coatings, and finishing.
Learning ObjectivesUpon completion of this series, participants will be able to:
- Explain the purpose and expectations of paints and select higher qualities of paints based on product analysis
- Differentiate between prime and extender pigments and compare the qualities of different binder types used in paints
- Summarize the basic math of paint and discuss the significance of paint systems
- Differentiate the different surface preparation methods and define the five levels of drywall finish
- Recognize, identify, and avoid common paint problems