Not a member, but interested in learning more about the Competency Framework? Take a closer look at the framework with this short preview.
The Digital Analyst Competency Framework is the first-of-its-kind industry reference.
The Framework defines the skills, knowledge and abilities necessary to succeed in the field of digital analytics. The Competency Framework spans three experience levels (Entry-Level, Mid-Level and Senior) across two professional tracks (Analytical and Technical). The Framework can be used by digital analysts, their employers, HR professionals, and educators. Want to learn more? Click on the FAQs document below.
HOW IS IT USEFUL TO ME?The Competency Framework is designed to benefit professionals, organizations and the industry as a whole.
- Professionals: Identify your competencies and plan your career path.
- Organizations: Assess applicants against a standardized set of competencies.
- Industry: Establish consistency across all titles and positions in multiple sectors of the industry
- Academic Institutions: Prepare students to enter the field
"The Competency Framework sets a standard, if you will, of capabilities for the digital analytics industry. It's really helped me explain what I need to my manager, and it's given credibility for what I think I need because I have something to back me up. It's really helping me design the structure of the team over time. Now that I have a bit of a head count to play with, I can configure the team for the skills I need now and those that I can train my people to do going forward." - Elena Surcheva, DAA Member
RELATED RESOURCESThe Digital Analyst Competency Framework supports the DAA's mission to provide lifelong professional learning to members, and is a component of an ongoing Professional Development Initiative by DAA that includes the following resources:
- Self-Assessment: Helps digital analysts explore career roles they desire, discover the skills they need to function effectively in each role, and identify the resources available to build those skills.
- Job Descriptions: Provide 15 job descriptions across 4 levels of the profession, from entry-level to executive, enabling digital analysts and hiring managers to define job roles and identify options for career paths.