Training provided as a part of the CS Institute-
Interactively using books in play therapy can be a powerful tool to promote exploration of feelings and life events/situations. In this workshop, learn how to appropriately choose and use books for various topics and areas of mental health.
- Discuss literacy and the link to play therapy.
- Discover and discuss how books encourage us.
- Define Bibliotherapy.
- Interactively use books and discuss 5 or more book examples to use for varying mental health conditions and symptoms.
- Learn at least 10 areas to consider when using books in therapy
- Compare pros and cons of using books in therapy