This webinar will give an overview of the legal requirements for exporting food products to Australia including:
- Importing requirements – including food inspection procedures, what the authorities look for, common problems and the consequences if your goods do not pass muster;
- Mandatory food labelling requirements – a run down of the key mandatories and other special requirements such as country of origin and warning statements, with a look at common mistakes and local examples;
- Food composition requirements – a consideration of which ingredients are permitted in Australia, and the special rules for additives and fortified products;
- Health and nutrition claims – a tightly regulated area in Australia, find out which claims are permitted and prohibited, and how you can lawfully make health related claims;
- Major watch outs including misleading claims and trade marks, with some real life examples.