Can you define APHIS, COFS, EEI, FAIRS
and TRQ, or is it alphabet soup?
If you’re not familiar with these (and other) acronyms, please join us for an overview of the "Top 25" most important terms in the food export industry today. Most export glossaries are not food focused, and those few that are can be rather generic.
By drilling down a little more we can arrive at an “Export Essential” glossary of terms. Not all of them will apply to each type of product or transaction, however recognizing them helps save time and effort as you manage the export process.
Topics covered include:
- Most important U.S. Government regulatory and promotional agencies
- Relevant food exporter guides and research resources
- Commonly used export documentation and procedures
- Trade terms for exporters of value added food products
- Website review of most important locations
- Tips for further resources on information and additional terms