|Presenter: Virginia Lorenzi|
Virginia Lorenzi, FHL7: Manager, HIT Standards and Collaborations, New York Presbyterian Hospital; Associate, Department of Biomedical Informatics, Columbia University
Program Time: Approximately 90 minutes each webinar
Health Level Seven’s Version 3 is employed worldwide to solve interoperability problems via V3 messaging and V3 structured documents such as CDA. Fundamental to all V3 objects is their underlying information model – the Reference Information Model. Applications and APIs and databases are also built directly employing the RIM standard. The purpose of this webinar is to review RIM concepts as part of a student’s preparation to sit for the V3 RIM Specialist certification test for RIM model 2.36 as documented in V3 Normative Edition 2012. It should be noted that the class alone will not be enough to pass the test. Self-study of the RIM materials is strongly recommended.
- Anyone planning to take the V3 RIM Specialist certification test.
- Application designers, systems analysts, standards developers, and anyone interested in an in-depth review of the V3 RIM
Upon completion of this tutorial, students will be better able to:
- Review and interpret the RIM specification
- Analyze and Use the RIM foundation diagram
- Identify and explain RIM core classes and their primary structural attributes
- Recognize and evaluate different types of RIM test questions
- Prepare for the RIM certification exam
- Introduction to Version 3, Part 1: Fundamentals
- Review of V3 RIM Model 2.36 specification recommended
- Review of the RIM Certification Study Guide and Practice Test recommended