and Chief Informatics Scientist, Hi3 Solutions
•Active member of HL7 since September 1991
•Co-chair of the HL7 Modeling and Methodology Workgroup
•Chaired the HL7 Education Workgroup from 1996 to 2010.
•Received the HL7 volunteer of the year award in 1997
•Served on the HL7 Board of Directors from 2000 to 2005
•Received the HL7 Fellowship award in 2012
DescriptionCDA implementation requires understanding of the CDA refinement of the RIM (the CDA RMIM), the Version 3 data types and how these combine with controlled vocabularies to form "clinical statements."
This tutorial reviews the principles of semantic interoperability with CDA and how these are reflected in the CDA model and implemented in the CDA schema. It reviews the CDA RMIM, schema and data types. In addition, the tutorial gives a detailed walkthrough of samples of CDA documents, coded using clinical statements.
- Describe CDA's components
- Share insights into the XML markup required to implement solutions
- Describe the issues surrounding semantic interoperability using CDA
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Those needing to learn more about CDA, Release 2 – its derivation from the RIM and issues relevant to implementing CDA 2.0 solutions
- Implementers needing to work with CDA and want a review of the details