This course contains videos and slides used in the Da Vinci Education and
FHIR Implementation Event. The details of the event follows:
The adoption of HL7 FHIR is rapidly accelerating due to recent CMS/ONC Final Rules as well as a recognition of its benefits in reducing clinician burden and improving the exchange of quality measure data.
The goals for this events are:
- to educate the health IT community about HL7 FHIR and FHIR implementation guides developed by the Da Vinci Project and the CARIN Alliance
- to help participants prepare to meet the CMS/ONC Final Rules
- to engage the community to participate in the FHIR community
This event supports individuals and organizations at all levels of HL7 FHIR expertise:
- For FHIR naïve organizations, basic FHIR education and additional implementation guides (IGs) will advance their expertise and allow them to kickstart their FHIR development activities.
- Organizations already working with FHIR but not engaged in the payer based IGs will better understand the relationship of these IGs to the final rule requirements.
- Those who have already begun implementation of these guides will be able to test their implementation with others.
- Payers (Commercial, Medicare Advantage, and State Medicaid) Providers
- Application developers HIE organizations HIT vendors