The TSC is proposing changes to the GOM to support the restructuring efforts as part of the HL7 Re-envisioning Work. The purpose of the Town Hall meetings is to gather feedback on the specific changes proposed. Join us and bring your comments on the proposed changes.
HL7 International values your opinion. Please register for one of these two Town Hall events and give us your feedback on the GOM changes to support TSC Re-structuring
Executive Summary of the GOM changes:
As part of the Re-envisioning HL7 initiative taken by the HL7 Board, the TSC identified a need to streamline the TSC and its processes. The TSC had already undertaken some process changes around projects and their approval. They also identified some changes to its structure and its relationship to the Work Groups that they hope will provide more agility to the TSC and allow HL7 members an easier understanding of where to go to get answers and action on issues. These changes have resulted in a restructuring of the TSC and there are a number of changes required to HL7’s Governance and Operating Manual to make those changes a reality.
1) Phase out Steering Divisions
2) Absorb Architecture Review Board and Standards Governance Board functions into the TSC
3) Broaden representation on the TSC to include groups not currently included - Implementer positions, Management Group positions, and US Realm Steering Committee positions are added.
4) Follow the HL7 Board pattern for TSC Chair and Chair-Elect positions
5) Broaden the requirements on who can be nominated for TSC chair
6) Implement term limits of two consecutive two-year terms for TSC members with the hopes of encouraging new participants in the TSC.
Updates to section 08.02 around the election of TSC members
Updates to section 10 around the composition of the TSC
New sections on Product and Service Management Groups, US Realm
Remove sections on ARB and Steering Divisions
Update processes around Work Group creation, merger, and dissolution
Town Hall Meeting - GOM Changes to Support TSC Re-structuring
- When: Mar 9, 2021 10:00 AM Eastern Time (US and Canada) or Mar 10, 2021 05:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
- Register in advance for this meeting (Links are given below)
- After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
- Please review the proposed changes to the GOM before the meeting