- Editor, Clinical Reasoning Module in FHIR
- Interim Co-Chair, HL7 Clinical Decision Support Work Group
- Member, CDS Hooks PMC
- Chief Technology Officer, Alphora
This online class will demonstrate how HL7® FHIR® can enable EHR systems to incorporate apps, decision support and other external content to provide more configurable solutions that can be customized to support clinician needs.
The class includes exercises and applied tutorials so that attendees will gain hands-on experience building functional SMART on FHIR and CDS Hooks applications and services.
- Technical developers
- Clinical system and decision support service vendors
- SMART application developers
- Explain what SMART and CDS Hooks are and demonstrate how they can be used within EHR systems
- Describe the business model for SMART and CDS integration
- Understand the security and privacy models for each
- Identify how SMART is currently being used by the community
- Gain experience building functional SMART on FHIR and CDS Hooks applications
- Attendees should understand what HL7 FHIR is and how it can be used to address the problem of interoperability in healthcare