HL7® FHIR® is the latest healthcare interoperability standard offered by HL7 providing domain-friendly wire formats compatible across the document, messaging, services and RESTful paradigms.
This class is for those who want to learn more about FHIR, what it can do and how their organization might best take advantage of it.
Those who want to learn about the FHIR standard
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to
- Explain the main principles underlying the FHIR methodology
- Describe the characteristics of a FHIR resource and understand the contents of a resource definition
- Explain the relationship between FHIR and other HL7 standards such as Version 2, Version 3 messaging and CDA®
- List some of the key FHIR infrastructure resources and explain how they are used to support the four FHIR interoperability paradigms
- Help their organization to determine if, when, where and how they might implement FHIR
HL7 International Co-Chair (Modelling & Methodology, Pharmacy, Cross-Group Projects), Incoming Technical Services Committee Chair, Consultant, Duteau Design Inc (Canada)